18 Jan 2018
- Brand Selection and your branding roadmap
- Click & Pick Full Application 1 class
- Step-by-step progress reporting
- IP Australia fees $250 per class
- 10 year Registration submission $100
Today’s branding is tomorrows asset. It can be a valuable asset when you value or sell your business.
- You can sell your registered mark or licence the use of it to another.
- Registration provides you with brand protection throughout the whole of Australia.
- You can stop others from using your registered mark more easily and quickly.
- Your brand will have the added legal protections of the provisions of the Trade Marks Act 1995.
A person will infringe your registered trade mark if the person uses as a trade mark a sign that is substantially identical with, or deceptively similar to, your trade mark in relation to goods or services in respect of which your trade mark is registered.
Substantially identical - The test is a side-by-side comparison taking into account their similarities, differences, essential features and the total impression of resemblance.
Deceptively Similar - When a mark so nearly resembles another it is likely to deceive or cause confusion. Also known as the imperfect recollection test.
Back To News Stories