Erin is a senior estate planning lawyer who regularly advises privately held businesses, high net worth individuals and family groups in relation to both estate and business succession planning matters. Erin also advises clients in relation to asset protection, corporate and business structuring and trusts. Erin works closely with accountants and financial advisers to ensure a holistic and tax-effective approach to all matters.
Erin's calm and caring nature combined with her commercial acumen gives her a unique ability to assist clients with what are often complex and sensitive issues. Erin regularly assists clients with the following matters:
- asset protection and business structuring including the establishment of discretionary trusts, unit trusts and corporate entities;
- advising businesses in relation to succession planning including through the use of unit holders' and shareholders' agreements, partnership agreements and buy-sell agreements;
- advising clients in relation to the protection of family wealth (including preparing family and related-entity loan and security documentation);
- reviewing and advising on existing trust, SMSF and corporate structuring and preparing necessary documentation dealing with the succession of control;
- drafting simple and complex Wills (including testamentary discretionary trusts, protective trusts and charitable trusts);
- preparing and advising on powers of attorney and appointments of enduring guardian;
- applications for grants of probate, letters of administration and resealing of foreign grants and the administration of estates; and
- family provision claims and contested estate claims.
In addition to her estate planning expertise, Erin has significant corporate and commercial expertise with more than ten years experience in private treaty mergers and acquisitions (including private equity transactions), capital raisings and general corporate and commercial advisory. Erin has previously advised clients across a broad range of sectors including retail, manufacturing, engineering, technology and mining.
Erin is currently undertaking a Masters of Laws majoring in Wills & Estates and Estate Planning through the College of Law. Erin also holds a Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours) from The University of Newcastle.