The ABLA Competition and Consumer Law team advises clients on all aspects of how they conduct their business with consumers and how they engage with other businesses in Australia.
Our experts can assist clients in all areas of competition and consumer law, including:
- advising on the Australian Consumer Law and the statutory guarantees that apply to goods and services that you may supply, or may have purchased. This includes assisting with any product safety issues you may have along with manufacturer’s liability;
- preparing robust Terms and Conditions for the supply of goods and services - compliant with the relevant consumer laws and which protect your business’ interests;
- reviewing Terms and Conditions for the supply of goods and services to advise you on your rights as a consumer;
- preparing advice to assist directors, management teams and sales and marketing teams to comply with Competition Laws dealing with pricing, exclusive arrangements, advertising and related issues.
- providing training and presentations which educate you on the Competition and Consumer laws that apply to your business; and
- assisting with all ACCC dealings - whether that be the preparation of notifications and authorisation from ACCC for certain arrangements (such as exclusive dealing arrangements), or assisting your business if you are the subject of an ACCC investigation.
We take a commercial approach to the delivery of our services and, with experience advising clients in a wide range of industry sectors, our Competition and Consumer Law team understands how to produce industry-relevant advice with a client-focus and individualised outlook.
For further information about how we can help you in this area, call Julian Courtney-Stubbs or Suzie Leask on 1300 565 846 or +61 2 9458 7005.