Kurt is a commercial and projects lawyer in Australian Business Lawyers & Advisors’ Corporate and Commercial team.
Kurt has significant experience assisting clients with corporate and commercial matters across a range of sectors, both within Australia and internationally. He has particular experience advising clients in heavily regulated industries and essential infrastructure, including in the energy, waste, telecommunications, water, defence, building & construction and rail sectors.
His expertise includes providing advice on:
- Commercial Contracts – confidentiality agreements, supply and distribution agreements, licensing arrangements, exclusive and non-exclusive distribution agreements, business terms and conditions of sale, import/export arrangements, manufacturing and R&D arrangements, service agreements
- Business Transactions – business sales and acquisitions, due diligence, corporate structuring and start-ups, joint ventures, partnering agreements
- IT & Intellectual Property – outsourcing and managed service contracts, software-as-a-service agreements, licensing arrangements, website terms and conditions, intellectual property protection
- Regulatory Compliance – competition and consumer issues, unfair contract terms, privacy and data protection laws, cyber security, food safety, trade promotions
- Projects – operation and maintenance contracts, asset management agreements, feedstock supply contracts, offtake and power purchasing agreements, car parking licence agreements (including relating to electric vehicle charging)
A member of the Newcastle office, Kurt is passionate about the role businesses in regional and rural communities can play in Australia’s sustainable future. This passion extends to assisting clients in vital rural industries navigate the legal and regulatory aspects of the energy transition, such as those in the agriculture and transport sectors.
Prior to joining Australian Business Lawyers & Advisors, Kurt worked for an international law firm, advising on large contracting and procurement matters. He has also previously worked for Lendlease, and brings international expertise to his practice, having spent a number of years practising in overseas jurisdictions (United Kingdom and Singapore).
Kurt has a Bachelor of Communication from the University of Newcastle and a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) from Macquarie University. He is admitted to practice as a solicitor in New South Wales (2014) and England & Wales (2018).