Caitlin is a Senior Associate in the Workplace and Employment team and is based in the firm’s Newcastle office. Caitlin commenced her employment with Australian Business Lawyers & Advisors in May 2019. Prior to joining Australian Business Lawyers & Advisors, Caitlin worked at a top tier law firm in Sydney.
Caitlin is an experienced member of the workplace team and has broad ranging expertise providing commercial advice to clients, allowing them to resolve their employment problems with limited business disruption.
Caitlin’s employment/industrial law expertise includes:
- Employee claims (unfair dismissals, general protections and workplace bullying);
- Employment contracts and policies;
- Workplace Investigations;
- Modern Award interpretation and compliance;
- Restraint of trade;
- Performance management;
- Management of ill or injured employees;
- Termination (performance, capacity or conduct);
- Workplace surveillance and privacy;
- Employee transfer during takeovers, mergers, and acquisition; and
- Enterprise bargaining and union engagement.
Caitlin holds a Bachelor of Business (Marketing) and Bachelor of Laws from the University of Newcastle and was admitted to practice in the New South Wales Supreme Court and the High Court of Australia in 2015.