While last year was incredibly tough for businesses, 2021 continues to bring its own challenges. Never before has there been so much scrutiny of businesses and directors by the regulators.
Post-Covid we are seeing a highly regulated, consumer protectionist environment and many businesses and boards are in the spotlight for getting it wrong.
Presented by leaders from our 2020 Commercial Team of The Year, this free event will share the key action items to ensuring your business’ compliance, including:
- Post-COVID Key Issues for Business and Boards (e.g. update on new ASIC Director IDs, whistleblowers – new case, director and board disputes and exits, business prenups, IT contracts issues and disputes, and insolvency)
- Regulator Update - what are the ACCC, ASIC and OAIC (Privacy Commissioner) enforcement priorities and focus areas to watch out for?
- Business Contracts - mandatory disclosures and changes requiring action to comply with new NSW Fair Trading legislation
- Increase to Consumer Law Thresholds affecting B2B contracts and potential additional customer rights
- New Unfair Contract Penalties – what is the cost of not being compliant?
- Expiry of COVID virtual meeting and electronic signature relief - what this means for boards and directors
Register to attend now and ensure your business is up to date and protected.