ABLA is uniquely placed to assist you with industrial relations issues. Our team has substantial experience advising employers to resist unlawful industrial action through proceedings in courts and tribunals. Our broad experience as both lawyers and industrial relations advisers across many industries allows us to obtain commercially prudent resolutions to industrial problems – a strategic advantage when we are part of your team.
Our work in maintaining around 70 awards on behalf of the members of BusinessNSW (formely NSW Business Chamber) means we provide you with a comprehensive service.
We assist clients with enterprise bargaining through:
Download interest-based bargaining e-guide
- development of enterprise agreement goals
- formulation of negotiation plans
- negotiation of agreements
- handling of disputation during negotiations
- drafting of enterprise agreements
- registration of agreements.
Employment relations planning services
We will help establish and implement an employee relations plan to manage the employment relations challenges for new businesses or businesses undergoing substantial change. We provide assistance to in-house human resource and employment relations specialists to maintain and revise employment relations strategies, policies and procedures.
We offer workplace audits, which provide a valuable diagnostic tool to human resource managers and employment relations specialists.
Underpayment and award compliance issues
ABLA has substantial experience assessing and defending allegations by employees and trade unions of the underpayment of employment entitlements. Our experience allows us to respond in a cost effective manner to underpayment claims.
Our services in this area include:
- determining the application of awards and agreements to particular businesses/workplaces
- undertaking workplace audits to determine whether time and wage systems comply with legal requirements
- advising on allegations of underpayment, including determining assessments of potential liability towards employees
- appearing in industrial tribunals in response to allegations of underpayment of entitlements
- assisting employers to defend proceedings for the recovery of alleged underpayments.
Disputes arise in a range of circumstances, whether it be in the course of enterprise bargaining negotiations, or otherwise. Our significant experience in this area enables us to assist you to resolve disputes by negotiation, conciliation and, if necessary, arbitration.
To discuss your industrial relations concerns, call Luis Izzo, Dianne Hollyoak or Kyle Scott on 1300 565 846 today.