Julian is an Associate Director in ABLA's award-winning Workplace and Employment team. As a specialist employment lawyer and industrial advocate, he is an expert in the Fair Work system and provides employers with advice about:
- Bargaining, interpretation and termination of Enterprise Agreements
- Employee claims (unfair dismissal, general protections, discrimination, underpayment and workplace bullying)
- Union engagement
- Modern Awards
- Employment contracts and policies
- Underperforming employees and misconduct
- Managing ill or injured employees
- Termination of employment
Julian is an experienced workplace investigator and regularly undertakes confidential investigations into workplace conduct.
Julian is also a regular advocate in the Fair Work Commission representing both private businesses and employer associations. He has appeared as an advocate in a number of recent and significant test cases (including the “Casual and Part-Time”, “Domestic Violence Leave”, “Family Friendly” and “Penalty Rates” cases).
Julian has a particular interest in enterprise bargaining and is regularly engaged to provide technical and strategic bargaining advice, including being seconded to a construction materials multi-national to assist in bargaining for multiple agreements.
Julian served as a Judge’s Associate in the Federal Court of Australia in 2010.