Your intellectual property is the biggest asset of your business. It includes the elements that your customers identify with your brand.
It is a unique way to identify the nature, quality and origin of your products or services. Whether your business is just starting up or has been established for some time, your intellectual property is extremely important to protect.
Intellectual property (IP) falls into four main categories including trade marks, copyright, designs and patents. Understanding the best strategy to protect your IP can make all the difference in securing a competitive advantage and making your business a market leader.
Our IP specialists can help you protect your valuable IP throughout the intellectual property lifecycle, from development, protection, commercialisation to enforcement.
At ABLA, we can help you:
- Audit your business to accurately identify your IP assets that need protection.
- Guide you on the best and most appropriate approach to exploit and protect your IP rights.
- Assist you in securing, registering and commercialising your IP rights.
- Act for you to register and suitably protect your trade marks and designs with IP Australia.
- Respond to requisitions by IP Australia to successfully register your IP.
- Prepare evidence and make submissions on your behalf to IP Australia to overcome obstacles to registration or certification of your IP.
- Defend your trade mark by applying to IP Australia to remove other trade marks from the register which are vulnerable to removal for non-use. This can be particularly useful if other trade marks are cited as obstacles to registration of your trade marks.
- Apply for registration of your IP internationally through the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) and, together with our many international associates, make direct contact with the relevant authorities in other jurisdictions.
- Make your trade mark applications in China. With our associates, we can do this directly to the China Trade Marks Office. In China, a trade mark agent must work for a trade mark agency or law firm registered with the Chinese Trade Marks Office.
- Decode the complex international IP office notifications and explain the legal requirements necessary to pave the way to successful international trade mark registration.
- Maintain, manage and provide alerts on your suite of IP including providing tailored access to our dedicated trade mark software program which enables you to track and monitor your trade marks in Australia and around the world. We ensure you don’t miss deadlines and are informed of important issues.
- Prosecute trade mark oppositions.
- Represent you in courts, tribunals and through negotiation and alternative dispute resolution.
- Commercialise your IP rights, including advising and acting on commercial transactions relating to acquisition, licensing, sale or assignment of IP.
- Advise you about copyright, moral rights, rights of attribution and authorship.
- Prosecute, defend and advise on use of confidential information, know-how and trade secrets.
ABLA can provide comprehensive, multidisciplinary IP law services to your business worldwide.
If you have multiple trade marks requiring registration, or an issue around passing off, breach of copyright or trade mark infringement, contact us for a complimentary consultation on 1300 565 846 or email@example.com.